Our 16 Favorite Moments From 2016
Take a look at some of our favorite moments from the past year!
1.Did you know about how we care for our horses and mules?
2. Introducing our newest team: Melania and Michelle
3. Getting to know Marvin Jolly…all over again.
Meet Marvin Jolly. He has been coming through the barn with his family for years, stopping by after tours had ended for the day, so his youngest daughter could see all the horses and mules. Marvin’s father passed away not too long ago, and left the majority of his belongings to charity. However, one thing that stayed behind was this little print of an old mule team. It reminded him of the good times they’d had here at the Big Red Barn and the tales his father and uncle told him about their experiences growing up with mules. Recently, he dropped by to say hello, and to give us the print to hang in the barn. Thank you, Marvin! We will proudly displayed in our ticket office, right inside the barn.
4. Holiday community rides. Can’t wait until next year!
7. Learning more about our horses and mules and how you can observe their moods
10. Making this list
13. Receiving support from the City of Charleston and Mayor Tecklenburg
15. Educating the public about horse and mule behavior with Dr. Sally Banner-Brown
16. Having our best year yet!
Thank you! Happy New Year