Historic Walking Tour
Adults: $18 | Children: $10 | Tours run everyday at 10:30am & 2:30pm
Experience 12-15 blocks of Charleston’s historic downtown district during this 2-hour walking tour. Learn about buildings, history, architecture, flora, & the people that make up the “Holy City”
During this 2-hour walking tour you will:
• Experience 12-15 blocks of Charleston’s historic downtown district
• Stroll by houses, gardens, mansions, churches, ironwork, & parks
• Learn about buildings, history, architecture, flora, & the people that make up the “Holy City”
• Tour the Powder Magazine, which housed the City’s gunpowder in colonial times
Palmetto Carriage Works is the oldest carriage tour company in Charleston and has developed the greatest tour experience in the city! Our Palmetto Walking Tours offer a look into areas where our mule and horse drawn carriages are not able to take you. A Palmetto Walking Tour offers a blend of local knowledge, wit, humor and history and is exciting and ever changing.
Available Times & Rates
• Tours run every day from 10:30am-12:30pm and 2:30pm-4:30pm
Walking Tour Only
• Adult: $18
• Child (Ages 7-11): $10
Add Additional Tours!
- Carriage Tour- $24
- Harbor Tour- $18
- Edmonston-Alston House Tour- $9
- Plantation Tour- $24
Child Prices (Ages 4-11)
- Carriage Tour- $16
- Harbor Tour- $14
- Edmonston-Alston House Tour- $8
- Plantation Tour- N/A
Add on the Harbor Tour and you will also:
• Explore the Charleston Harbor aboard the classic, 80-foot Carolina Belle, where you’ll hear fascinating local stories and see more than 75 landmarks.
Add on the Edmondston-Alston House Tour and you will also:
• Tour the inside one of Charleston’s most beautiful and historic homes. Located on The Battery, The Edmondston Alston house is the only house museum in Charleston that commands a magnificent view of the Charleston Harbor. This home was built in 1825 and has been beautifully maintained.
• On your 30 minute guided tour you will get to see examples of Federal and Greek Revival in the public rooms and piazzas, a vast collection of the family’s silver, decorative art and antiques, many of which survived the ravages of the Civil War, the Earthquake of 1886 and numerous hurricanes.
• You will also learn the history of the home and its guests including General P.T. Beauregaurd and Robert E. Lee.
• Available House Tour Times
• Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Sunday and Monday 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Walking Tour does not end at the Edmondston Alston House and Transportation to the Edmondston Alston House is not provided.
• This tour meets at the Edmondston Alston House: 21 East Battery Charleston SC 29401
Add on the Plantation tour at Middleton Place and you will also:
• Explore 65 acres of formal landscaped gardens at the beautiful Middleton Place
• Experience a look at 18th and 19th century plantation life with costumed craftspeople and historic animal breeds in the Plantation Stableyards.
• Enjoy complimentary guided walking tours: guided garden overview, “Meet the Breeds”, “Beyond the Fields” and other additional seasonal activities and tours.
• Transportation to the plantation not provided
If you buy a combo tour, there are no restrictions as to when you can attend the added tour. You can do it before your Palmetto Walking Tour, the same day as your walking tour, several days later or even when you next return to town. Note that the Harbor Tour runs on a limited schedule from Thanksgiving to mid-February.