Palmetto Carriage Works is the oldest carriage tour company in Charleston and has developed the greatest carriage experience in the city!
A Palmetto Carriage tour offers a blend of knowledge, wit, humor and history and is exciting and ever changing, a seamless fusion of 19th century conveyance in a 21st century city. Through our combo tours, bundle your carriage tour with a Harbor Tour, Plantation Tour, or do all three!
- Adult (Harbor Combo)
- Child (Harbor Combo)
- Adult (Plantation Combo)
- Adult (EA House Tour Combo)
- Child (EA House Tour Combo)
- Adult (Powder Magazine Combo)
- Child (Powder Magazine Combo)
Our combo tours include a daytime public carriage tour.
During the One-Hour Carriage Tour, you will:
- Experience 25-30 blocks of Charleston’s historic downtown district
- See houses, gardens, mansions, churches & parks
- Learn about buildings, history, architecture, flora & the people that make up the “Holy City”
- Learn everything that Charleston has to offer on a Palmetto Carriage tour
On the Harbor Combo Tour you will also:
- Explore the Charleston Harbor aboard the classic, 80-foot Carolina Belle, where you’ll hear fascinating local stories and see more than 75 landmarks.
On the Plantation Combo Tour you will also:
- Explore 65 acres of formal landscaped gardens.
- Experience a look at 18th and 19th century plantation life with costumed craftspeople and historic animal breeds in the Plantation Stableyards.
- Enjoy complimentary guided walking tours: guided garden overview, “Meet the Breeds”, “Beyond the Fields” and other additional seasonal activities and tours.
The Tri-Combo tour includes a carriage tour, plus the Plantation AND Harbor Tours.
If you buy a combo with the Harbor Tour, there are no restrictions as to when you can attend the Harbor Tour. You can do it before your Palmetto Carriage Tour, the same day as your carriage tour, several days later or even when you next return to town. Note that the Harbor Tour runs on a limited schedule from Thanksgiving to mid-February.